23 September 2010

My favorite day of the year!

Happy AUTUMN!!!  It’s the first full day of Autumn.  Finally it’s here even though it’s going to be hotter than 40 blazes today.  I baked some pumpkin tarts last night to celebrate.  And this morning on my daily walk around the neighborhood I brought the camera along to take photos of Jupiter and the Harvestest Moon!!!  I think Autumn brings out my inner Pagan.  Not the best pictures since it was the little bitty digital one and not James’ super duper SLR.

resized (1 of 5)

Made this batch with half as much sugar as the recipe called for and they are delicious!!!  I’m considering this pumpkin mix as the filling for my Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie this year…

resized (3 of 5)

I wonder how many other people got to see the Harvestest Moon this morning at 5am…

 resized (4 of 5)

An hour or so later at 6:15am.  Jupiter is hiding behind the trees now and I love the slight color change of the moon.

resized (5 of 5)

I think this one is my favorite.  I love the trees in this one.

resized (2 of 5)

James and I were on the front porch last night so he could set up the camera for me to take as decent as possible photos in the dark.  This little guy was perched on the railing until James walked near then he (the frog, obviously, not James) hopped to the celosia (which came back this year as I was hoping it would, with more vigor than it did last year!!).

No comments: