27 September 2010

Obsession?

I realized today that I have eight cutting boards.  I got the eighth one today.  Each one has a different purpose.  Some folks think they need every available kitchen gadget.  Apparently my need is for cutting boards.  At least storage is simple.

cutting board1

A little one I got for my birthday because it is green.  I use it for a quick single vegetable or single serving meal chop.  Like for a salad for myself or something.  Or when I don’t feel like using the larger ones because for some reason the bigger ones make me feel like I’m using more dishes just because it’s bigger.  Whatever.

  cutting board4

Formerly the vegetable board.  Now it’s the onion and garlic board because I can no longer wash the onion smell out of it.  I worry that the onion smell or taste might contaminate my other vegetables.  Contaminate?  Yes.  My onion board holds the same rank as a raw meat board.

cutting board2

The shiny new bamboo vegetable board!  Haven’t used it yet but I love it already.  Onions and garlic will never know the magnificence of this board.

cutting board6

The raw meat board.  Enough said.

cutting board3

The cooked meat board with drainage ditches for the juices.  I call them drainage ditches because I have no idea what the correct term for them should actually be (but I’m pretty sure it’s not drainage ditches).  You can tell this one has been well used.  I got it from my mom.  Daddy carved many a Thanksgiving turkey and everything else on this board.

cutting board3 burn

The extra special Jankowski Seal of Approval.

cutting board7 

The bread board.  Also enough said.  And another hand-me-down from my mom.

  cutting board7 burn

This one also bears the Jankowski Seal of Approval.

cutting board5 

The pastry cutter or dough roller/kneader board.  Daddy had this one made at the plant where he used to work as security guard.  This one is  HEAVY!

  cutting board8

The enormous board.  Also for pastry dough, really large sheets of pastry dough.  Or anything else super sized.  This one is such a hassle to get out of the cabinet, hence leaving it there for its photo shoot.

No comments: